In my role as subject matter expert and Community Evangelist for ASUG, I will be blogging regularly on topics related to SAP Business One. A regular feature of these blogs will be timely updates on announcements that impact your SAP Business One deployment. One such recent announcement affects customers using the the Remote Support Platform.
What Is the Remote Support Platform (RSP) for SAP Business One?
The Remote Support Platform for SAP Business One is a set of tools and technologies designed to:
- Minimize your downtime
- Streamline and enhance your system performance
- Get faster and more accurate resolution of issues and problems
- Reduce time for and automate your system maintenance
- Generate regular reports on system health and status
More details in this video from SAP:
If you are not yet using the Remote Support Platform and would like to, contact your partner to arrange to have it implemented. You can also find details and documentation on how to implement it yourself, here on the SAP Support Portal.
The Core Details You Need to Know
Due to the retirement of an older part of SAP's IT infrastructure, the following services are expected to retire in the fourth quarter of 2017: RSP installations that run on version 3.1 or lower will lose their connection to SAP.
As a consequence:
- No more tasks can be sent from SAP to the RSP installation
- No more task results (System Status Report) can be sent to SAP
The action that customers need to take: Upgrade your RSP installation to RSP 3.2.
Steps for Upgrading to RSP 3.2
- Download manually the latest patch level of RSP 3.2 from the Software Center > Installation & Upgrades
- Upgrade the RSP version by executing the setup.exe of the downloaded RSP 3.2 package
- Open the RSP 3.2 console and navigate to Configuration -> Channels -> SAP Channel and insert the credentials of the technical user of the respective customer
- Save the settings and test the connection by using the button "Test Connection"
- In case of connection failure, refer to SAP note 2414424
More Questions? We've got answers
Make sure you also visit the Q&A area on the ASUG Community for SAP Business One to ask questions and get answers. I will be moderating this section and will help point you in the right direction. Eventually, we hope this area will become a trusted exchange of peer-to-peer lessons learned.