DRI's Customer Story
Design Resources Inc. (DRI) is an apparel design and wholesale sourcing company with a domestic 3PL warehouse. Branded Custom Sportswear (BCS) is an authorized licensee of Nike USA, providing collegiate logoed apparel, head-wear and accessories to college bookstores and other retailers. DRI DUCK Traders is a work-inspired, outdoor apparel brand. Caps Direct is a headwear wholesaler who takes an agency approach in creating exceptional headwear and accessories.
Across five separate businesses each with its own SAP database, DRI has hundreds of reporting requests. This webcast highlights lessons learned from using basic queries to crystal reports, as well as leveraging SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS). For organizations using SQL Server already, SSRS is already installed and available to every customer.
Basic SAP Queries
- Maintain over 3,500 queries between our 5 SAP databases
- Showing how to querying the queries – Query Lookup and Text Lookup
- Rolling out our “NOLOCK” standard
- Utilizing query update tracking
Crystal Reports in CMC
- More than 150 scheduled reports in the Central Management Console (CMC)
- Leveraging the APOS tools to find schedules and edit CMC schedules in bulk
- Shifting from “Crystal GUI Linking” to command based we saw a 100% improvement in speed
SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Showcase challenges encountered when migrating reports from Crystal to SSRS
- Highlighting speed advantages – our main dashboard report now runs in seconds vs.minutes
- Simplify hundreds of sub reports to just a few key queries
- Easier report editing, since it’s centered around the subquery.
- Straightforward scheduling by levering SSRS data-driven subscriptions.
- Enhancing web-based reports with hyperlinks to dynamically show detail
Joe Leimer, Senior Director of Technology, Design Resources, Inc. and their affiliated companies.