In our monthly webcast cadence with SAP, Dan Love explores our ONE.Source curriculum theme for April: Project Accounting. In this webcast, Mr. Love explains the project management functionality available in various versions of SAP Business One, along with how it can be leveraged for project accounting. Learn about functionality introduced in version 9.2, as well as new features added in the new version 9.3 (now generally available).
Project-based businesses rely on timely and accurate information to keep projects running profitably. Administering and managing those projects is an important component of the profitability equation and SAP Business One can help you with both.
Webcast Summary | Topics and Timestamps
- Projects in SAP Business One versions prior to 9.2 (6:00)
- Projects – Attribute to a Financial Transaction
- Transaction Reporting Filter
- Trial Balance - Filter
- Demo (9:30)
- Project functionality introduced with 9.2 (11:30)
- The start of a Project Management system
- Since release 9.2 project data can be:
- Service Documents
- Production Orders
- AR & AP Documents
- Inventory & Labor Transactions
- Project Header information
- Stage data is the heart of a project (17:45)
- Document Linkages
- Project Summary tab
- Demo (19:50)
- New Project features released in version 9.3 (27:30)
- Demo (31:00)
- Direct linkage to project reporting
- Time Sheet Report
- Uses for the Unique ID
- Billing Document Generation Wizard
- Gantt Chart
The demonstrations in this webcast leveraged the latest version, SAP Business One 9.3 on SAP HANA. However, the features and functionality showcased is also available to customers using versions for Microsoft SQL Server.
2018 Curriculum | Upcoming Topics
These webcasts with SAP are a monthly feature throughout our 2018 ONE.Source curriculum. Let us know what topics you would like the presenter to cover or what questions may be top of mind.
Here are the links for the remaining sessions throughout 2018:
- May: CRM
- June: Project Management
- July: Cloud & E-Commerce
- August: Reporting & Business Intelligence
- September: EDI
- October: Manufacturing
- November: Year-End
- December: Planning
ONE.Source is a year-round community for SAP Business One professionals; join the discussion in our community forum.
Stay up-to-date on resources and events via the ONE.Source Blog, or follow us on Linkedin, Twitter, and Facebook.